Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hills!

Finally got my legs back under me, just in time for my hard Thursday workout. Ran up to Landsdowne and did 6 reps of the hill. Then came back via Black / MLK / river trail / Chestnut. I think this is safely more than 9 miles?

Warning: shoe nerdery and graphic story follows. The last time I did this workout I was breaking in the same pair of 2130s I wore today. These are still fast and my favorites by far. I try to save them for days like today (the Gel Empire IIs kinda sucked in the end.)

OK, on to the graphic story. The most remarkable thing about this run was what happened to my torso. Evidently I should tape 'em up because when I got back to Pottruck, I discovered two bright, baseball-sized red spots on my shirt. I guess I'd been bleeding for a while. I hadn't noticed. I guess that's why everyone was giving me weird looks as I ran up Chestnut and Walnut. For what it's worth, nipple bleeding sounds worse than it actually is. I'd take it over a banged up toe, or a chaffed groin any day.

No comments: