Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tired boy

It's over.

Morning: went for a 30mi+ ride out towards Gladwyne / Conshy with S. It was really nice to ride with someone who knows all the good roads (I'd actually been on most of the route before, during various solo explorations, but my usual MO has always been to get lost and wander until stumbling on Conshy St Rd). I could have done without the complaining about my leg hair, but what can you do?

Evening: ran the Montgomery Loop. This was a survival run--I was majorly sore from Sunday and riding a few hours earlier. I ran it thusly: run 2mi to the zoo, stop and stretch; run 2mi to the water fountain at RR bridge, stop, drink, and stretch; run 2mi to the AM, stop, wring about 500mL of sweat from t-shirt, stretch; run 2mi to Pottruck, touch blue light, stretch. So I guess I should log this as 4x3200m. I strongly considered shortening this workout (thinking they'd just be junk miles) so I was kind of glad to just have finished it. I expected this run to be very slow, but even with all the stopping, it was still around 8min pace. Weird.

I was still swollen when I got back so I did the old ice bath trick. It felt great and seems to have helped get me back to normal.

No comments: