Saturday, August 30, 2008

Catching up

This has been a whirlwind week.

I finally submitted my thesis proposal on Tuesday; something that I have been talking about for a long time, but which kept getting delayed because there was too much fun research to do. I wasn't thrilled with the last few sections, which were highly speculative, but I hope the committee will find it sufficient.

After finishing the proposal, I had to immediately turn around and start preparing my talk for IBM PLDay on Thursday. I don't think I've every designed slides start to finish so quickly, but the talk went great.

Running had to take a backseat this week:
  • Wednesday I had a late meeting, then early dinner at S's place, so I only had time to squeeze in 2 quick-ish (something just under 13:30) treadmiles. Figured it was better than nothing.
  • Thursday was impossible to run--was up at 5am and didn't get down to Brooklyn until 8pm.
  • Friday I did two loops of Prospect Park with JeRM, so around 7mi?
  • Then today I was still a bit tired from last night in the city: I met Amish and Hank for dinner, then drinks with a bunch of Cambridge-Oxford alums, then dancing with Columbia residents in alphabet city. S happened to be in NYC for the US Open so came by with her brothers to the bar / club thing... The night ended with the surreal experience of playing RockBand and jumping in the ball pit at Google's NY offices at 4am. Good times. Anyway, I am well tired and only did a US Grant out-and-back.

No comments: