Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day #29 - Strawberry Mansion

The schedule only called for 8, but as I came down off the Plateau 4 miles into my run, I felt good. So instead of turning right and heading back to Center City, I made a left and ran to my favorite bridge. Went up and over, as Blitzer would say, and while I was waiting for a break in the Kelly Dr traffic, I saw a fast woman running about 1/8 of a mile ahead. Caught her at the parking lot just before John B Kelly and sped up a little so we wouldn't be in that awkward slow-pass two-step. Then, even though my legs were still the tiniest bit achy, I felt stronger with each marked quarter... by the time I came round the bend at Girard I was in a full-on kick. Ran hard down the last bit of Kelly Dr and Boathouse Row to Lloyd Hall, then grabbed water and ran easy back via Spring Garden and 34th.

I think this run is between 9.5 and 10. My watch said 1h9m, but I turned it off while I walked down the stairs coming off the bridge and forgot to turn it on again until halfway between St Joe's boathouse and John B Kelly, so time essentially unknown. But, on the whole, a good run!

No comments: