Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day #12, Day #13


Ugh. I should know that if I make a post like the last one that I need to be prepared for some comeuppance.

I set out for my long run on Saturday, but too soon after an afternoon snack. It was hot, my mouth was all salty, and I was dragging. So when I got to the 3.5mi mark, I decided to invert Saturday and Sunday's runs and turned around to come home. Call it almost 7 in 49.

Sunday I woke up early and it was actually kind of cool. It's always tough to follow an evening run by a morning run, but I figured this was as good a time as any. So I slathered on the sunscreen, tossed on my shoes and still-damp shorts, and headed for the Wissahickon. Made it to the Forbidden Dr parking lot in one piece, but the run home was a slog. I was basically darting from water fountain to water fountain as my legs got tighter and tighter and the day hotter and hotter. I guess this is why the long run is important. Anyways, an unknown distance (around 15 though) in 2hrs.

No comments: