Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day #17 - Bikram Tempo Run

I realized that I forgot to post the plan for this week. It is/was: 8 7 8 7 18 7 for 55 total. Of those, I decided that Tuesday would be at whatever pace I felt like, Wednesday easy, Thursday hill or tempo, Friday easy, Saturday Long, Sunday pace. Despite what I wrote yesterday, so far so good.

Today I set out from Pottruck for an 8mi run and planned to do 3 at tempo pace. I ran the Montgomery Loop, and basically did that, although with the heat (low 90s) I was dealing with at the start of the run, it may have been more of a tempo effort than tempo pace (I keep forgetting my watch! Must remember to bring). Even so, I felt pretty good about this workout. After an easy (hilly) warmup from Pottruck, I felt locked in for the mile from the Concourse down the hill from Belmont, and the two on MLK. Took it easy down the river path and back on Chestnut.

No comments: