Monday, July 21, 2008

Day #19, Day #20


Saturday was almost an exact repeat of last week: I was hoping to get the long run out of the way, but I ate a too-salty snack too close to heading out, and my mouth and stomach were both whining the whole time. I turned around just after Sweetbriar for a something-more-than-6-but-less-than-7mi run. Must remember not to eat those rice cracker snacky things before trying to run long!

Sunday was a monster day. In the morning I met K8 for a spin out Manayunk-ish, and then some puttering around in Fairmount Park. Total time was around 1h40 minutes. (I forgot to reset my cyclocomputer so mileage unknown.) In the evening, I did my long run. The weather, which had been hot and sticky all weekend finally started to turn around 8pm, so I was actually pretty comfortable (but still sweat gallons). I ran out to East Falls, made the left turn to Manayunk at Ridge, and continued past the spot where the Philly Marathon mile 20 and turnaround is... until the watch said 1:05. Stopped at the BP station at East Falls for a Gatorade on the way home and felt revived. Finished in, well... as the photo shows, 2:10:17 (running time; I stopped the clock while refluiding). I haven't GMap'd this, but I think this is between 16 and 17 miles. The time was right in the range that I wanted to do, so I'm happy.

With almost 4hrs of cardio... I slept well last night!

Update: I GMap'd it; it's actually a little under 16. Poo!

No comments: