Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday


It was not the day I expected. I woke up early and did another morning workout--a bike ride through West Fairmount Park. It was a difficult ride for two reasons: (1) the wind was very strong today, and I seemed to be riding into it for much of the ride and (2) I kept running into road closures due to the Philly Phlyer team time trial taking place in and around the Belmont Plateau. I went a little slower due to the first, and I discovered some new roads due to the second. A nice way to start the day. Picture is of my loop. I think it was around 15mi?

Hosted the Harmony team (BCP + Michael) for a research meeting chez moi, got our door knob fixed, and then headed out for a run as the sun was setting. I didn't have a plan: was ready to run anything from the Art Museum to Manayunk. The same wind was blowing into my face and although I haven't run long in a few days, my legs were kind of tired. I really could have pushed for 5 or 6 without a problem but I decided to convert it into recovery run instead. Cruised an easy 4mi in about 30 minutes.

No comments: