Monday, March 10, 2008

Back on it


Joy of Sets crashed out of playoffs tonight, sadly. I'm not too upset--we lost to the best remaining team (mixture of USP club teams, I guess?)--but we were better than them! The two things that killed me were (1) a horrible whistle for two touches when there was clearly a block between the first and second hit, and getting stuck in a rotation for 4 or 5 points in the second game, finally siding out and DECIDING NOT TO ROTATE!?! Ok, ok, it's what we always do, but given how much trouble we were having in that rotation, I would have tried to move along as quickly as possible. Instead, we ended up 8-2 down when we finally sided out again. (Take away that deficit and we actually won the remainder of the game.) Oh well. I was actually quite impressed with how our beginners played. We have a "full spectrum" of talent, and played some pretty damn scrappy defense at times.

Running: before the game I ran home to campus (a little over a mile; not worth mentioning except that I was very late and ended up running it about as fast as I could). After I ran home from Manayunk. The route is shown, and turns out to be 8 miles on the nose. I ran it in 1hr2sec, = exactly 7:30 pace. I need to do some higher intensity stuff. I have been doing higher mileage than I had been doing this winter, "and that's cool..." but I want to run fast at Broad Street. While high mileage is what I feel like doing right now, I can't neglect speedwork like I did last year.

No comments: