Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Goal

Broad Street Run didn't happen for me last year. I was all revved up for the race--had had a great last Loop the Sunday before, and a nice mini-taper. I biked down to the Linc to pick up my bib, and was on my way to Reading Terminal to pick up some supplies for a big pasta dinner party I was hosting when... the last thing I remember is "oh shit! pothole!"

My next memory is coming to and trying to stand up, and then a very nice stranger telling me to sit down and wait for the ambulance. In the end, modulo some nasty bruises, a busted helmet, and a cracked molar, I was fine. But Tita Mary convinced me that I was insane to try to race.

This year I am determined to race and I want to reach one of my long-standing time goals: 10 miles in 65 minutes. That's probably a bit of a stretch, but one has to aim high, right?

No comments: