Sunday, August 27, 2006

Strawberry Mansion


Great weekend with the Williams boys up in Callicoon-on-the-Delaware. The cabin was literally RIGHT on the river. It rained all day yesterday, but we still played wiffleball, lots of pesoi (I sucked it up and lost about $20 in 10min, mostly to Pete, but then we wiped out all debts in the end), grilled tons of meat, drank gallons of beer, and a bottle of Glenfiddich--a send off to John from Cristie, a bottle of so-called "Spanish Whiskey" (a trick by Sean, John, and I who were sent to the liquor store and came back with a liqueur of some sort, but neither wanted to drink cheap whiskey for the 2nd bottle nor appear to be pansies). I wasn't going to go to the Hamptons, but I'm reconsidering now. It would be good to hang out with Alex, John, Lia, and Xavi some more.

Ran my 9mi, after dark, a few ticks past Strawberry Mansion on the Kelly Drive side. I've grown to prefer W River Dr, but at night I don't want to risk it. 9.25mi total according to Google. Am just glad the weekend is not a goose egg. It's raining, but not too hard. I like late summer rainy runs. One feels invisible in the rain, or at least, slightly crazy. A few other crazies were out doing their long runs, but mostly I had the trail to myself.

It's that time of year--POPL reviews beckon. Having ones advisor on the program committee == heavier-than-average reviewing load.

No comments: