Friday, August 25, 2006

G Love on Lemon Hill

I saw G Love live once when he came to the Berkshire Hills to play a show in my little college town. When he came on stage he had a stringy, fading scalp and a bit of a beer gut, and he played an awful set. The girlfriend had seem him play in the Square once, and still swooned a little when remembering it, so the fact that his show disappointed secretly pleased me.

But the man has some great songs, and is one of Clare's favorites (my iTunes has 78 tunes by him thanks to her), so with a beautiful Philly summer evening, and the (other) G-loving phase of her life done, it seemed appropriate to put him in my ears. The workout was a little more than 40 minutes. And, oy, are my legs sore today. This week got bumped by my Sunday hangover so today was warmup, 5xhill repeats, cooldown. I did a slow 2mi warmup to Boathouse Row, then charged up Lemon Hill cinq fois, easy on the downhills, and then came back around the Museum and down 22nd. I think it adds up to around 5mi.

Hills are good and I haven't done any since France. I just wish I had more juice left. After compressing those three days of running into less than two 24hr periods early in the week, and with an exhausting work week (though rewarding: we think we figured out how to re-tell the lens story on standard models of string transformers; it should be an ICALP or LICS submission?) my legs are toast. No running tomorrow. Just hanging out with the boys in a cabin in the Catskills.

No comments: