Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pottruck

10.4mi on the treadmill. A week ago I skipped over a step-down week and plowed ahead with the long run progression. I'm going to use up that credit now, instead of saving it for PDR. Waiting any longer is going to mess up next weekend.

My post-run, nekkid weight is (barely) down into the 150s. I've been deliberate with what I'm eating--a big breakfast, usually yogurt, which I'm now culturing myself (cheap! saves plastic!!), fruit, and toast; a big, hearty lunch, usually some rice or pasta, fish, egg whites, or tofu, sauce, salad, fruit, dessert; often a banana an hour before running; then a big dinner and another dessert when I get home--but it's hard to keep pounds on when the mileage go up. It's not a problem now, but I fear the post-marathon weight gain. One's appetite doesn't go away just because the running has stopped. Hopefully my bike will be built then and I'll stay active doing that.

No comments: