Friday, August 18, 2006

Comments

Comments off for the time being at least. I've been comment-bombed by a quite angry member of Cara's family. I have made a (peace-making I hope) reply, but I'm pretty sure my workout blog is not the place to have this discussion.

Update: This blog really is supposed to be boring; I record the frequency and distances of my runs and occasionally write down a thought or feeling from the run if I want to remember it. Nevertheless, evidently some people are tracking my comings and goings through this, and a very large misunderstanding seems to have occurred. Let me quote my email to make the purpose and events of last weekend's trip crystal clear:
two college friends will marry in october, and it was shaping up to be the first time we'd see each other since last summer. they had been jumping through hoops to make sure that we didn't cross paths this summer, and each mentioned that it would be nice if us being in the same room for the first time didn't detract or cause a distraction at the wedding. independently, my aunt asked me to come down to baltimore to spend the weekend with her and my uncle ahmad, so it seemed like a convenient time to meet.

i don't know what you think transpired, but really nothing did. i'm still single, still somewhat disaffected in general with modernity and the lazy, wasteful american "way of life", and am still therefore trying to discern if i have a vocation, or how i might make my life one of service, not just bettering myself; i am not trying to rekindle anything with cristie, or seeking any romantic relationship at all.

No comments: