Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Loop


Last Night: Rode my bike a little under 20mi in a little under an hour up a new route towards Chestnut Hill. Up Lemon Hill to 33rd to Strawberry Mansion to Chamounix to East Falls to Henry to Schoolhouse. Back via Lincoln Drive (huge mistake! Even though I was riding consistently above the 25mph speed limit, cars were whizzing by at 45-50 and honking! Oops) to Kelly Drive.

Then hit the Orchestra for a somewhat restrained performance of my favorite violin concerto (Sibelius). I'll miss Eschenbach.

Today: Last long run before BSR next Sunday. I know I can't do anything for my fitness between now and then, but this run was a nice confidence booster. I didn't push hard, but all my splits came faster than usual. I hit the East Falls Bridge in 40:30 (vs. 42:xx usually) and, the fairy / US Grant statues in just a few ticks over an hour (vs 1:03-1:04), and the end of Boat House Row in 1:08 (vs 1:12ish.) Total was 11.5mi in 1:23:4x.

My mileage this week was less than I would have liked, but I'm OK with that. I got my quality workouts in, lifted twice, and got a good bike ride in yesterday. I'll take a week like that over one with gaudy mileage numbers anytime.

No comments: