Thursday, September 07, 2006

Spinning ®

Woke up wikkid early and went to the 6.30am spinning class at Pottruck. It was fun. I'd never done it before and I thought that the instructor somehow controlled the tension on all the bikes. I realize now that doesn't make any sense at all, but I was a bit disappointed that it was so low tech.

Anyways, it was quite a workout! I love the spinning bikes, they are much better than the LifeStyle [they make condoms, not fitness equipment!] LifeFitness stationaries in the main cardio room. And though the instructor was a little peppy for the early hour, she led a great workout: pushed it up just to the red zone, but not so hard that anyone had to quit early. My one gripe was that she kept lying (while maintaining this peppy, almost ditzy, persona). "Last sprint in this set" means last sprint, not three more! I guess I would rather be yelled at, in that macho boy-sports way, but know how much I have to do up front. Maybe most people who frequent fitness classes don't mind being lied to, as long as it's done in an encouraging, upbeat way.

My iPod, which was working for the first 10secs of each song last night, is completely toast now.

No comments: