Sunday, July 16, 2006

X

I did my 10 miles at Pottruck. It was just too damn hot to run outside today although if I'd waited until now (8pm) it would have been fine. 76 minutes total. I had to force myself to stay slow--7.5mph for the first 6 miles, then cranked it up to finishing in the middle 8s. I love long runs. I wish it were fall already and the weather weren't such an impediment to running outside. 

My bike is starting to come together. Or rather, my wallet is starting to come apart as I purchase parts for it. EP cut the fork for his Gios and now it's too short for the headtube. I found a decent looking 1" threadless carbon fork and headset from an '05 warranty return on eBay so hope to get it. EP gave me about 1/2 of an Shimano Ultegra group, and I found another auction with most of the other half (just missing calipers). If I win those two, I'll just need wheels, seat, stem/bars, and cables. I can't wait to have a real bike!!

I believe that puts my weekly total somewhere in the range (36,37].

No comments: