Monday, July 10, 2006

6.5

Finally got up early to run today. Ran the loop up to US Grant and back. I think it's around 6.5mi from the new place, but I haven't measured out all my loops yet. My hip felt fine, though I cheated and popped some Advil before heading out (a trick I learned from my step-dad). Still, it felt great to get over that 3-4mi wall!

Update: Of course, all this crying over a little bruised hip makes me a big wimp. I can't believe that Landis is attempting the Tour with all the hip problems he's having (though, depending on the injury, biking may be easier than walking...)

Last week was another low-mileage week: ~19 total. Will definitely have to step it up this week; the long runs start all too soon. I have two interested running partners now--Matt and Jeff--and Matt is even considering marathoning it in November!

No comments: