Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday 8


Back to my usual Tuesday workout: the Montgomery Bridge loop via Mantua and the Concourse. The total time was 58min and sumthin', but really there is only one number I care about: the split for miles 5-6. When I do this workout well, I warm up to Civil War memorial (about 18min), then pick it up a bit across the Concorse and down the hill from Belmont to the river, and then work the measured mile on MLK Drive at a good pace. This time the split came in at 6:34.

I want to get faster, and for that I need to train with specificity--easy workouts easy and hard workouts hard. Too often, like most recreational runners, I just run at the upper end of comfortable (for me, 7-7:15 pace.) I'm still not very good at pushing myself on hard days, but I'm learning...

No comments: