Thursday, May 08, 2008

Pottruck


It was a gloomy, humid day, a reminder that Philly's sticky summer weather will be here all too soon. I hit the gym and did a tempo-ish workout: 2mi warmup then up the ladder to sub-6:30 pace, increasing .1mph every 1min. Finished with a .5mi cooldown at 7:15. Total was 4.25mi in 30 for the tempo, and 4.75 total. I finished with a full (including hip abductors; usually I just do squat, lunge, quad and hamstrings curls, calf raises) leg lifting circuit.

Today was yet more evidence that biking and running workouts can be stacked up against each other. I was mad sore when I woke up today, and each trip up and down the stairs to the 5th floor reminded me that I did a long (for what kind of biking shape I'm in) ride yesterday. Then I hopped on the 'mill and felt great. I love that I can get a hard workout in riding, and when I run the next day, it feels like I just rested.

First BSR photos posted. Evidently I have awful running form. What is this? A race? Or the Funky Chicken dance?

No comments: