Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sweetbriar / Lemon Hill


Another day of meetings. Woot.

Finally got home a little after 8, and was out the door a few minutes later. I didn't even have time to make a plan, but as I made my way through Fitler Square, I settled on warmout out to Sweetbriar, then a few Lemon Hill repeats. I wasn't sure I was up to run hard--I feel tired--but as it turned out it was one of those days when every stride feels bouncy and your lungs feel bottomless. Everything felt easy for the first three. I picked up the pace for the bit around the waterfall opposite Boathouse Row and was doing just under 6.30 pace (for .5mi at least) and it felt easy. Threw in another pick-me-up just before Sweetbriar, and then did 4xLemon Hill repeats. These are short--only ~1/8 mi--but very steep and enough to get your heart going. Came down the backside and came home via the Parkway and 22nd. Total was around 7.25 in 56min. A good run.

No comments: