Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sweetbriar / Pottruck

I first felt the wonderful feeling of legs truly exercised, as well as the awful feeling of chafed nipples after a long run Xtie and I did in Cordoba, Spain way back on spring break 2k. My legs are used to lots of miles now, so the first feeling is harder to come by, but the nipple problem still pops up every now and again. I wore a singlet for Saturday's race--something I hadn't done all winter--and both yesterday and today I noticed some painful chafing a few minutes in. Perhaps I need to take up taping. Or develop callouses. Hmpf. Silly.

Was planning a Strawberry Mansion Loop, but when I got to Sweetbriar the problem from above and legs still a bit tired from Sunday, convinced me to loop back to the gym. Call it a (very) conservative 5 miles in 40. Finished with 20 minutes on the bike to round out an hour of cardio. I think I will bike tomorrow.

No comments: