Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Loop

I woke up (at 9.30! I've been rising with the sun--5.45ish or so--sans alarm clock all week, so it was good to sleep in a bit) to a grey, gloomy day. The rain was coming in and out, which made for a nice morning with coffee, a crossword, and music. Fueled up for an early afternoon run, but the ran started coming heavier, so I went to Good Karma and worked for a while. Then went to BCP's for yet another meeting on The Meaning Of Blame (if Hinze is right, then contracted functions are the arrows in the Kleisli category of a comonad--woah categories!) We finally finished around 6 and by then the high-carb fuel I'd put in my belly was gone so I loaded it up again, gave it an hour to settle, and finally hit the trail a little after 8.

It was a gorgeous time to run: everything all wet and green, dogwalkers (including Darren), birds, and worms all out enjoying the first clear skies of the day. Ran a sunset East Falls Loop and came back via the river path for 11.75mi in unknown time. 45 miles for the week. No speedwork, but some tempoish shorter runs during the week. I'll have to taper down for my next race which is ... in ALASKA!! Yeah, I finally got my act together and bought my ticket last week! I'm so psyched: 8 days in Anchorage / Denali. Unfortunately I won't be able to stick around until the solstice half marathon, but Clare and I are going to run a 5k in Anchorage on my last day. ALASKA!!

No comments: