Thursday, January 04, 2007

Strawberry Mansion

Another day, another minor calamity. I've been clumsy/unlucky lately: sliced the top of my thumb off into my thai squash soup, stabbed myself and passed out on Christmas morning, and had a picture frame fall on me at Pheobe's last night. Today, in the middle of my Pottruck <-> Strawberry Mansion run, I slipped on the wet, leaf-covered stairs coming down from the bridge and fell hard on my tailbone and left forearm. The former is all swollen and the latter scraped the skin off and is starting to swell up too. Damn you Fairmount Park Commission! Clean up your steps!

Anyways, since I was at the turnaround---the furthest point from my bike---I didn't really have much choice, so picked myself up and ran it in, tho' a bit slower than on the way out. ~10mi in some unspectacular time. Maybe 80 minutes?

No comments: