Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pottruck

Ran hard for 30min: started at 7:20 pace, and went up the ladder all the way to 6:00 pace (for the last ~1min). Something like 4.3mi total. Biked 10min to cool down, then lifted upper body. I just don't have the patience to do any distance indoors. I can't imagine 14-15mi again on a *%$^!ing treadmill.

Then (Clare, you'll be the only one to be able to decode this part so I'll write it as if to you) biked to Whole Foods (whole paycheck) to get red lentils for dinner; made a variation on my friend Johanna's vegan lentil/squash curried "soup" (really a gulash; similar to the one Tita did over Christmas), THE BREAD (1/3 whole wheat... I want to try the walnut version you've been doing; please send recipe?), and orange/almond/avocado salad we did while you were here. CDeux ate more of the gulash than me, and took half home, so (cue Dimitris voice) "it was... OK". No shaved truffle though; seems more like a breakfast thing (plus, with no shaver in the kitchen, it's hardly worth finding fresh truffle eh?).

Have been filling my ears with Maria Muldaur's great, twangy cover of this Dylan song:
Clouds so swift
Rain wont lift
Gate wont close
And the railing's froze
I'll get your mind off the wintertime
'Cause we ain't goin' nowhere
Whoo-ee! Ride me high
Tomorrows the day that
My man's comin' home
Oh, we gonna fly
Down into the easy chair!

Need to find some other favorite songs to mix in, or I'm going to kill it...

No comments: