Monday, January 29, 2007

Dude, where's my pain?

Seriously, this is ridiculous: the running feels so good right now. I don't want to jinx it, but I feel like I can do a good workout everyday and everything is easy. I suppose I am running significantly fewer miles than in the summer/fall, but I've also been taking fewer off/easy days.

Today: another 4.33 in 30min. Started out at 7:18 pace and sweat maybe 3 drops in the first 15min. Then went up to 6:45 pace, 6:30 6:15, and ended the last .5mi at 6:05. Maybe I just had an easy treadmill, or maybe I should do more than a 1.0 incline? Or maybe just push? Finished with a 15min spindown.

Today's song comes from Stevie! TaraGirl (aka assistant to the associate dean) closed with this (I think it was this?) at her concert on Saturday. The lyrics are cheesy, but the first few bars have me doing a little dance in my room...
For once in my life I have someone who needs me
Someone Ive needed so long
For once, unafraid, I can go where life leads me
And somehow I know Ill be strong

1 comment:

cbearak said...

So.... Best shape of your life?

You inspire me too. I ran 4 mi tonight like it was a cakewalk at Pittsfield. In the snow, up hill both ways, in the light of the full moon. Really!