Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Snowy Run

Still waking up early... waited for the sun to come out, then headed out for a snowy river run. It's frickin' freezing out there! Stopping to talk to Colin (walking Merlin) at the banks didn't help my frozen hands. Turned back at the Kelly Dr intersection, then came down 19th through Rittenhouse, and back to South and 22nd. Should be a little more than 4mi.
Someday I'm gonna leave this dirty little town,
Where the talk is cheap on the dirty little streets,
And the trees are dying underneath a sky that's purple and brown.

Folks round here say I'll never go,
But there's something about me that they don't know.
I've already left this place in my mind,
Till my body goes, it's just a matter of time.

5 comments:

cbearak said...

Cold? Please. My temp says you're at 39 for a high today. Wear gloves, yes. But don't talk about cold. Or I'll get you one of those face masks to run in.

Nate Foster said...

Sheesh. It was mid-20s went I set out, and snow was blowing in my face. It was cold.

Do you mean someting like this?

cbearak said...

Yes, you got it. Whine it and wear it!

Nate Foster said...

Huh.

cbearak said...

Huh.