Sunday, January 14, 2007

SuperLoop®

Ran the East Falls loop, with an extension up to Ridge Ave and into the Wissahickon Valley Park. I turned around after the second hill but before the parking lot at the trailhead for Forbidden Drive. That's 15mi, so call this one more than 14mi? Today felt so much better than yesterday. Back to basics: eat lots of carbs, get a good night's rest, and, what do you know, the running will be easy (...err until I got to the boathouses up above Columbia Bridge on the Kelly Drive side; the last 4ish miles were a bit of work).

Evidently I'm not the only nut who still thinks Sundays are for running. Must have seen 10 people wearing their race shirts from November. I'm still a gear phobe. I'll stick to my cotton t-shirt (and, OK, the one nice technical ziptop I own) thank you.

No comments: