Sunday, May 07, 2006

Long Run


I took my east and west river loops, made like GCC (a little geek humor) and fused 'em together. All told, 14.55 miles in 1:54. I was a little disappointed because my original goal was to run it at even 7:30s and I was a bit slower than that. Keeping to that pace felt really slow for the first 4 miles, but I was pleased to find out that I was right on pace as I went past the D11 bridge for the second time at 6 miles. Rather than crossing back over, I decided to stay on the far side of the Isère. Unfortunately, I don't know any landmarks over there (partially because there aren't any; all farms!) so I don't have any splits until mile 12. At that split, after running 6 miles on a shifty gravel farm road, my pace had fallen to 7:45. The last 2.5 miles home were understandable rough and dragged the pace down a few ticks more. But despite my disappointment at the pace, I was pleased to discover, based on my 12mi split, that I beat my half-marathon time from last November by at least 10 minutes, and that it was my longest run ever!

2 comments:

Peter said...

wow nate, thats a really good pace and an extraordinary distance. Cara mentioned that you might be running the philadelphia marathon. have you ever run one before?

Nate Foster said...

Nope, the longest I've ever run is, well, 14.55 miles :-) Are you tempted to run it? I know I missed BSR, but I already registered for the marathon so, Deo volente, I will be there!