Monday, May 22, 2006

9

I was a lazy bum yesterday. I was going to run before mass, but woke up too late to squeeze a long run in. Then I planned to do it right after, but when I got home I wanted to eat lunch, then wait for the food to settle, then Said's birthday party was on. So instead of logging some miles, I found myself eating cake. Nice right? The mother of the family I'm staying with has decided she has to fatten me up. She keeps saying so and yesterday kept trying to slip more cake onto my plate. Sigh. Anyways, a few ping pong games later, I finally headed out to run, at 9pm. The sun had already sunk behind the Vercors and one mile in, I realized that running in the dark was not going to be much fun, so I packed it in...

... and woke up this morning at 5am to a beautiful blue sky, a glorious sunrise coming up over the Chaîne de Belledone and turning the limestone of the Chartreuse and Vercors a brilliant white. The running felt great. I didn't push too hard, but just tried to keep good form and an even pace for the whole thing. 9 miles total.

No comments: