Monday, May 15, 2006

Happiness is:

Only two weeks to a happy reunion in London!

Discovering a secret wooded trail and a hidden lake, both right under my nose...

Running (let me interrupt this post just for a second to record the distance: 5-6mi, no watch=no timing) through a calf cramp and going harder on the second half than the first...




Reading

good

books...


Turning a sweaty face up to the sun setting behind the mountains and feeling the joy expressed in these words:
Late have I loved you, Beauty so ancient and so new, late have I loved you! Behold, you were within and I was without; and there I sought you, plunging unformed as I was into the fair things that you have formed and made. You were with me, and i was not with you. I was kept far from you by the things that would not have been, were they not in you. You called and cried aloud, and shattered my deafness; you flashed and blazed like lightning, and routed my blindness. You cast your fragrance,a nd I drew breath, yet pant for you; I tasted, yet hunger and thirst; you touched me and I was on fire for your peace. —Augustine, Confessions 10.27.38

No comments: