Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wednesday Eight


Ran the same loop as last week with a new Jay-Z, Roots, Mos Def mix in my ears. The route: 34th through Mantua, past Sweetbriar, up the hill to the Civil War Memorial, past Memorial Hall to Belmont, down the hill at Montgomery, and back via MLK / W River Drive / Schuylkill River Path / Chestnut / Walnut. 8mi in 58m2xs (=7:18 pace; again, wasn't watching the clock, just doing what feels natural at this point.) HRM said average 166bpm, but I forgot to wet the contacts so I think it was bogus today--I glanced at it halfway through and it said 232 (my RHR is low 40s and my max is somewhere in the 190s... 232 is pretty much impossible.)

Cooled down with 10m bike @ Pottruck.

Thinking of doing the Caesar Rodney half down in Wilmington in a few weekends. It'd be fun to race.

2 comments:

orthogirl said...

funny story about your 10miles at pottruck: I was three bikes away and you were concentrating so hard you didn't even notice me there (plugging away at 26 miles)

Nate Foster said...

D'oh. Didn't mean to be rude. And it was 10 MINUTES not miles :-)

You need to get yourself a bike! I don't know how you can spin so long indoors.