Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Vancouver, ALASKA.

The big news is in: our PODS submission (with TJ and Val) was accepted! I'm going to Vancouver!! Well, maybe--TJ's other submission didn't make it, so he'll present the paper, I'm sure. But since I'll be on the market this winter, I'd still like to go schmooze with DB folks.

If I can swing it time-wise (and that's a big IF--I would like to submit to POPL in mid-July), I'm going to try to turn this into a total boondoggle: to Boulder on Memorial Day + run in the Bolder Boulder (10K), then to Vancouver for PODS, then to Denali/Anchorage for the solstice? And then... I'd like to cap it off by running the Anchorage Mayor's race (42K) with Clare.

1 comment:

orthogirl said...

I know this has nothing to do with your current post, but how do you track your running mileage outdoors? I have been totally guessing the whole time based on a 9 minute mile (which I know I am faster than). Do you have a bike odometer?