Monday, February 18, 2008

New dedication...

...to blogging.

Darren's 6'5" friend from home (who, strangely, is in my friend Sean's class at BC Law) was visiting. Joy of Sets won an embarrassing 3-0 match against a totally overpowered team. Yikes.

Then went to Pottruck for 3mi: started at 7:30 pace then up the ladder .1mph every .25mi (1.0 incline, as always; total time = 21:20). 3xvb circuits, then 15min bike.

I'm weary and I don't know why. It's not the sleep (10+ hours both weekend nights). It's not overexercise (max distance run was the 7 out to Manayunk two weeks ago and I've had more off days in the last few weeks than I usually have in several months). It could be the lifting I've been doing--that's the one aspect of distance running training I tend to sluff off on... Or maybe it's diet? I've been back and forth being a vegetarian a few times, and except for one time at POPL when chicken breast was the only reasonable protein option, I haven't touched meat since Christmas. Last time I went totally veggie, during the ramp up to Chicago, I got weird shin splints that didn't go away until I ate some chicken on Dr. C's recommendation. Made a huge pot of seitan / tofu / eggplant tonight and ate until I was totally stuffed. Maybe that will do the trick.

No comments: