Saturday, December 16, 2006

Tour de Philly

Took the Raleigh for it's real maiden voyage on an evening spin 'round Philly. Yes, I rode it to Manayunk yesterday, but that was with running shoes on clipless pedals (works OK, but just OK) and without my derailleurs property tuned. This morning I got my shifter housing cut at Bicycle Therapy, put a few more links in the chain to get the length right, and properly tuned all the shifters; and, most importantly, slapped the cleats on my shoes. The thing FLIES.

Our route: up the tow path up Kelly Dr to East Falls, then back down to Washington, around to South St and over to Front St, past the tall ships on Columbus, up to the Ben Franklin, around through the galleries in Old City and by Independence Hall, and finally back down Walnut. Am thinking of biking down to Baltimore for Christmas (or maybe SEPTA to Wilmington, then bike from there).

No comments: