Sunday, September 09, 2007

T-minus 4 weeks


Finally getting my butt in gear, just in time to ... taper. Hrm. This race will be interesting.

Monday: had C drop me at Cook County and ran back to her place via UIC and Halsted. A nice 5-6mi recovery run.

Tuesday: zonked from the early AM flight back to NYC; worked late and got home after dark. Took my headlamp and ran to Lyndhurst, which I think is around 3.5mi at a pretty good pace, but still a bit shorter than I would have liked.

Wednesday: can't remember. I think I did 5mi at NYSC?

Thursday: also at NYSC. 4 or 5mi.

Friday: same 3mi out-and-back as on Tuesday.

Saturday: OCA to Rockefeller State Preserve. Got lost, so have no idea which trails I was on, but the run was about 50min, so hopefully 6-7mi.

Sunday: ran OCA south from Tarrytown to the Bronx. By my watch, and this crude map, around 16mi.

Debrief: well, I didn't break 50mi this week. Honestly didn't have the time to get in any quality workouts during the week and some weeks will be like that. On the other hand, the long run was easy this week (at least, compared to last week's bonk.)

No comments: