Thursday, April 06, 2006

Biking around Grenoble


My legs still feel stiff so I decided to mix it up and bike. Did about 90 minutes of riding, but it was stop and start through town with all the traffic lights. I went around to north edge of town to the Bastille, back through Gieres, and a pitstop at Carrefour for some groceries. Hit one nice hill going up towards the Bastille. There's a real Col a few miles further, I'm gonna go back when there is more sunlight.

The skies cleared up today and as I was cycling back to Meylan (west) the view of the sunset hitting the mountains was magnificent.

Did you know that "Mr Clean" is "Mr Propre" in France? Heh. That cracked me up. I know laughing at stuff like that means I'm a wide-eyed tourist (I used to sneer at the Americans noting silly things like that in England).

No comments: