Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Groundhog's Day Eve

So everybody and their mom has a fitness blog now (sorry Becky, I know you're not a mom but you're the only Mrs. with a fitness blog that I know).

Started February off with a bang. A 7mi bang up to the rowing shell and back. Still feeling sluggish from lack of sleep, but my pace wasn't as bad as I thought it was: 7:10 minutes/mile. I did the bit from Leif to home pretty quickly and basically sprinted from Market... which helped. Fun things from this run: the stillness of the river and the lights from the west side reflected under the SEPTA bridge at mile 2.5, the funny runner singing at the top of his lungs and doing intervals around mile 3, the brand new, shrink-wrapped Vespoli shell on Boathouse row begging me and 7 friends (and one short, light, loud friend) to put it in the river and put it to use (not that I know how to row).

YTD stops smack in the middle of York.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Nate
I wouldn't have noticed you put so much thought into your links had you not apologized; however, having made said apology, you have earned a spot underneath my links list. Mwahha!

The blogs are just one example of what happens when Cara's wild enthusiasm get the best of her...she oozes it onto us. Good thing I can hold my own when it comes to getting a PhD!!

Love your blogs. "I ran the Falls Bridge loop = 11mi @ an easy, 7:45/mi pace" Yup. Easy. Yup. I want to know what that feels like. Keep me inspired!

kate said...

hehe, i'm "their" and i love it. also, congrats on getting to york, very exciting :)

Nate Foster said...

Thanks for the link shout-out... Re: the quote, nothing about that run was easy!

So we're all doing Broad Street (Peter too?)?! Hooray! I can't wait for May 7.

Peter said...

Yeh I am definitly running broad street now, and I might be bringing my buddy pete, we went running together on wednesday.