Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Baby it's cold outside!!


Another frozen outdoor run. Thankful for ColdGear! Ran up to Leif then back by--gasp!--another route. Yes, I am getting bored with the river path. Swung around the museum, down the parkway, then down 22nd to finish it off. Nice change of scenery, though stopping for the lights at Race, Market, and Spruce was annoying. It's hard to get your sprint on when the same taxis who try to mow you down on your bike during the day are speeding around corners and through red lights... oh yeah, and you're wearing all black. Speaking of my black getup, by far the funniest moment of my run came in the first 5 steps. I ran across 22nd, up over the curb and hopped over a little tree box. Standing on the sidewalk near that box was a short, petite blond girl. She was staring at something on the ground when I hopped and looked up as I was mid-leap. I imagine having a 6' boy, dressed in black, mid-jump coming towards you is a little surprising. She jumped out of her shoes and gave a little yelp, then started laughing. I laughed too, apologized and ran off.

With today and yesterday YTD inches ever slowly towards Gettysburg.

No comments: