Monday, February 27, 2006

Frozen

OK. I feel like it's only honest to blog my fitness failures also.

I tried to go running yesterday but was turned back by the weather. I have no hat. Gary gave me a wonderful US Ski Team fleece hat that I loved but lost sometime last winter. Then I lost my little fleece ear band. Then TSA lost/stole my TurtleFur hat (though I did get a $700 check from United last week compensating me for it, and everything else that I had stolen from my luggage at Christmas! hooray!). So now I have nothing.

Anyways, long story short, I went out for a river run just after sunset last night. Got to the river and the wind was gusting. My ColdGear kept me warm enough, but without anything to cover them, my big honkin' ears were like little sails catching each gust. I went for about a mile, then it just got too painful so I ran with my gloves over my ears for another 1/8 of a mile. Then I realized that trying to run with my hands on my ears was absolutely ridiculous, so I turned around and came home.

Came home to make and stuff my face with spinach/feta/mushroom/roasted red pepper/BACON/stromboli. Yum.

1 comment:

Becky said...

mmmm, I had a roasted red pepper burrito today from MexiCali. YUM!