Saturday, November 11, 2006

Round Barn

Did a morning 35-ish run down past the round barn. The run went fast. It's amazing how just being in a new locale makes the miles tick by faster. There was a cast of strange NH types out this morning: a man in a tattered trench coat and elongated hot pink/florescent green beanie running then stopping then running, all while pushing a 3-wheeled lawnmower, and another grizzled old NH type riding a bike (and who shouted, with a thick New Hampsha accent: "gettin' some exercise, eh?"). I felt much too high tech with my various wicking fabrics and iPod.

Tomororow is my last day here. I'm really tempted to get up early and run the river road down to where it meets Rt 25c, then make a left back to Rt 10, and do the big hill up back past round barn and into Haverhill. But I think it's 10-11mi, which is more than than the schedule calls for. But I really want to do it. So I might say schedule schmedule and just do it. I really want one last satisfying run.

No comments: