Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday


Thursday night: did a nice post-dinner walk up to the watertower ridge with EP, Mom, and Clare. We saw a thousand stars once we got up above the glow of the city.

Today was a great non-stop day. It reminded me of my favorite vacations from years past (Tahquamenon Falls, Shenandoah, Wales, Norway).

Morning: Ran for 38:30 up to and beyond the watertower. The thin air and hills make it difficult compared to Philly/Pottruck, but once my lungs got used to it, it felt great to get out and stretch the legs a little.

Mid-day: Went for a hike at Green Mtn with the family. Beautiful views of the back of the Flatirons and Boulder.

Evening: my day to cook (I baked up some thin pizza crusts and topped one with artichoke, mushroom, spinach, red onion, and sundried tomato the other a Thanksgiving-leftover version with cranberry sauce, stuffing, and turkey left overs, also a pomegranate, mandarin, apple, pine nut salad, and a roasted squash), so I biked to the grocery store with Clare and Mom to get some yeast for the crust. Heading out for another evening walk now.

No comments: