Saturday, October 21, 2006

Princeton, G-Ho -> US Grant -> Rittenhouse


Nice visit to Princeton: sushi and a nice evening of Catan (sadly, no wins for S) + J's delicious ginger cake + pots and pots of tea, great for my scratchy throat and leaving me with that nice bloated-with-milky-tea feeling. J and I were going to do a run along the Lake Carnegie towpath but everyone slept in and her cornmeal/blueberry pancakes were above running on the agenda. Worked the afternoon away at the Small World Cafe, then took the Dinky + SEPTA back to Philly.

The rest and overeating did me good I think. I don't notice how worn down I am getting during the week. Or rather I notice, but don't put two and two together and identify cause. Rest days are good!! Running felt great today: fresh legs, sturdy joints, strong lungs. I ran up to US Grant then back down the Parkway to Logan Circle and into Rittenhouse. First mile was too-fast (6:40 to the RR bridge), then slowed it down to a steadier pace for the rest. 45min total for 6.2mi according to Google Maps.

No comments: