Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Long run-ish


Set out for a long run at 5pm. Did the W River Dr loop, the extension down to Ridge Ave, through Wissahickon to the dirt road I like so much. Turned around at the second stone bridge, a little farther than last time, and started back... the downhills started to make my knee act up again and by the time I got back to Ridge, it was in serious pain again. SEPTA'd back to Penn. 1h40m, should be about 13ish. Am dissappointed: my muscles and lungs both had lots more and would have happily finished off the last 7. Damn these joints!

Bottom line(s): (1) I need to get a couple more of the genuine article in during the next few week; time is getting tight, but not impossible. (2) it's also important to listen to my body. I'm just not sure how to balance (1) vs (2). Icing now, I'll try again for a 20miler thils weekend and to get into the physio at the sports clinic in the next few days.

No comments: