Saturday, October 28, 2006

Last Long Run!

Friday: played vb with the Wharton crew.

Saturday: Ran my last peak distance run with Blitzer. We set out from Pottruck, went up W River Dr to the Wissahickon, to Forbidden Dr, to the same stone bridge as before. Then he caught SEPTA back from the station at Ridge Ave and I returned along Kelly Dr. Close to 3h total. Walked the last 5 blocks back to the gym from Chestnut and 33rd. It was a good run. Slower/longer than my last time, but that's good: part of the point of these long slow runs is to get out there for a span of time comparable to the time for the full marathon. This being the last long one, the taper begins now!! I'm glad that the big boys are all behind me. I like the running, but it has taken over all my free time. I ran today, and that's about all I did (besides getting ready to go and recovering after). Next week's long run goes 0down to 12mi, then 8mi, then the race!

Two musical oddities:
  • Today is Homecoming at Penn, so all the frats are having parties. The building at 34th and Walnut had a band playing... a cover of Wagon Wheel! It was a nice surprise.
  • The house band on Prarie Home Companion just did their old timey Powdered Milk Buscuits ad and did a little bridge where they playhed with the theme from Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto... on a banjo!

No comments: