Sunday, June 29, 2008

Stabbing victim...


I ran my usual Zoo / Hampden / JHU / Chaz St loop, which is something around 9 miles if I'm remembering correctly. It was hot, and I wrung what felt like cups of water out of my shirt coming up Keswick. Yick.

I also cut myself pretty badly on my hand. Coming back into Bolton Hill off North Ave, I stepped on a piece of broken glass. It was wedged pretty deep in the sole of my shoe, so I grabbed at my shoe to flick it away and somehow pushed the glass right into the palm of my hand. I immediately started bleeding all over the place... I left a trail of blood the last two blocks back to the house. Dr. Ahmad (pictured, from when I stabbed myself with a gift Leatherman at Christmas two years ago) cleaned me up and helped me pull the ~1in shard from my shoe with some pliers.

Planning to run a half marathon at Gunpowder Falls this afternoon if heat allows.

1 comment:

mofo said...

i'm gonna pass out...