Sunday, June 15, 2008

T-minus 20 weeks: Acclima-SHUN!




Apologies for the silence. There was no wireless at SIGMOD/PODS, so I found it difficult to blog. I did run though: 3x that 7mi (?) loop of Stanley Park, one shorter (25min) run in the park, and a 6am trail run with Karl from UCSC up Grouse Mountain. The last one kicked my butt: Karl is a regular trail runner and aspiring ultramarathoner and I'm used to running in flat-as-a-pancake Philly. It was a really fun run--we made it up over the snowline and into a cool Pacific NW rainforesty type bit near the top. The view of Vancouver from the peak, normally spectacular, was a whiteout with all the fog, but it was still great to reach the peak.

It's been a rude awakening returning to Philly (high 80s, muggy) after Vancouver's perfect running weather (mid 60s.) Made it out for a Strawberry Mansion loop (1h17m) and a Montgomery Loop (1h5m) this weekend. I am still acclimating to the heat, so took both runs at an easy pace and enjoyed my last weekend before real training begins. T-Minus 20 weeks to NYC!

No comments: