Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Running in Meylan

Did my first run in a week! In that time I've moved out of my room and traveled to London, Cambridge, Paris, and Grenoble. Note sure of the distance, but by my watch and with a conservative estimate of my pace, I'd say 6 miles (=10km, since we're in Europe)? The route is BEAUTIFUL. About 1km out of town you go under a bridge and find yourself next to the Isère river (yes, the one that starts at Val d'Isère). There's a running/biking path that goes alongside it, evidently for many miles. The kms are marked off but I got a little lost today so I spent more time running through farmer's fields than on the official path. I'm very excited to be running again! Next I want to investigate some hillier routes.

4 comments:

kate said...

so cool.
i'm not jealous. not at all.

cb said...

natie, don't be jealous, i'm sure you're one of becky's heros too! when are you going to post pics so we can all drool over your running scenery?

Nate Foster said...

Blogger's photo post is broken! I upload them and it leaves me with a blank screen. Ugh.

On heros, I don't want to BE a hero... just joking that Becky had taken my hero :-P

Becky said...

Well, you still are my hero! I can't remember what you're fastest time was, but I do seem to remember you refering to an 11mi Sunday run as "easy" once.