Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Loop > Out-and-back

Yesterday: barely worth writing about. I may have broken 2.5mi, but I kind of doubt it. Was detained at the doctor's office with Lola and didn't have much daylight. And just didn't feel like running long. I did run "fast" after the turnaround at least.

Today: Was determined to do a real workout. My plan was to run down Rt 10 to Orford, and then back up Rt 10 to Haverhill. But around the Round Barn (3mi) I decided this was boring. So when I got to Piermont (5mi), I turned right and went across to VT, through Bradford, up to Newbury, back across the bridge to NH, then south to Haverhill Corner. Looping is much better than doing an out-and-back, and this was a particular nice loop. I got to see the Connecticut River twice, saw some Alpenglow on the White Mountains at sunset, and got to see spectacular oranges and pinks from the NH side as it sank behind the Green Mountains. It was a little shorter than what I planned (17 vs. 20) but a good run all the same.

No comments: