Monday, February 19, 2007

Pottruck

Back to the gym. Last day of real winter, so I hope to be back out on the trail soon (though the next few days call for rain). 10km in 44:xx, then biked 20min, then lifted upper body. I was surprisingly sore after yesterday's run. Weird.

Years ago, during a phase in which hot dogs formed a significant part of my diet, Xtie suggested that I try 'The Good Dog'. We took them on a camping trip and, yeah, compared to the real thing (Hebrew National, with plenty of mustard and kraut, naturally) they tasted like rubber. So either I've been quasi-veggie for long enough now, or this stuff is different, but 'The Good Ground'--basically nicely T'd TVP--is awesome! Captain No Fun approves. Made a big pot of mushroom/zuke/broccoli/kidney bean chilli tonight (and cornbread: ain't nothin' wrong with that!) with Good Ground and it was well... good! I kind of feel like dropping the quasi-qualifier from the above and going 100% pesco-veggie. I realized the other day that the only meat I ever eat is the occasional pollo (and that, mostly, from what I rescued from Lola's freezer last November and carted down to Philly; I'm working my way through it very slowly).

3 comments:

cbearak said...

Have you tried soy-ages?

Careful, the family will start asking, "so you're veggie...do you still eat bacon? no pork? chicken?" Grandma will never understand and will feel like she can only feed you potato salad and chocolate-toffee crack crackers.

Nate Foster said...

What is soy-ages?

Speaking of poland and food: happy paczki day,
n

cbearak said...

I saw the good ground at the store and thought of you. Soysages. I think I mistyped. you know, soysages.